Saturday, February 12, 2011

My feelings a few days post being shocked

I have been disappointed many times by the Jazz, but I don't think I've ever felt like this. I can't even really describe it. Even after all the interviews I've seen and read, I'm still not convinced that there is more to the story. I suppose if there is, we'll find out eventually. I just have a bitter taste in my mouth. I really don't know if the Jazz will ever be the same to me. Maybe that's a good thing. I'd promised myself I'd take a break from the Jazz after their recent loss to Chicago, but then the next day was the resignation of Sloan so I had to watch last night to see how the players would react. The Jazz are battling a lot of injuries right now, so obviously that was a factor in the loss last night to the Suns. But honestly, I felt different watching it. I was watching ESPN and they interviewed Deron Williams. I'm not sure they played everything that Deron said, but I kind got the impression that he was happy that Sloan was gone. All he seems to have done is push the blame from himself that Sloan resigned. Shouldn't he be saying stuff like all the other players are saying like how awesome a coach he was to them and that he'll miss him. Maybe he did say that, but like I said he seems to be the one that is the least sad that Jerry is gone.

Now it's time for my rant. The story of the Jazz this year has been inconsistency. Overall their free agents/draft picks haven't been dazzling to me. Hayward, Elson, and Evans are all decent players, they've had good moments, but obviously they aren't getting the job done. Raja Bell has only just recently actually started to play ok and now he's injured. I was expecting a lot more out of him. Now the Jazz are looking really foolish to have not matched for Matthews. Ronnie Price and Fesenko are playing awful. Earl Watson hustles and is smart, but he can't shoot. Kirilenko and Okur are good when they are there, but they are never there. It has just been a frustrating year and they may not even make the playoffs. Now I could have probably dealt with all of that, but now Sloan is gone.

I didn't like how the Jazz just gave up last night. They didn't even fight those last few minutes. You could already see a lack of toughness from the Jazz, it was weird. Like I said on a facebook post, maybe I should resign as a Jazz fan. If you can't tell I'm in a bit of a Jazz depression right now. I don't even know what to do about it.

No comments: