I ran my first official 10k this morning. It was a pretty good race. It was mostly flat, with a few downhill spots, but ended on a slight uphill. Overall though it was an easy course. I started towards the back of the pack and it took me awhile to get through the crowd. I felt well throughout the race and my knee only briefly bothered me during mile 6, but I tried to correct my form a little and the pain went away. People always seem to think that running in my Five Fingers would make my feet and knees sore, on the contrary folks, I have never felt better.
I set my goal to do it in under 46:30. My gun time was 46:41, but my chip time was indeed under my goal. I achieved a 46:02, which is 7 minute 25 second pace per mile. So I was happy with that. I still need to get a little faster, sub 7 minute average and I think I'm capable of it, but it always feels good to run under your goal.
Eliza, the boys and Claire were waiting for me at the end and when I saw them I got a last jolt of adrenaline that carried me the last 50 yards or so. I was excited to see them. I love my family and all the support they give me. Not just in running, but everything.
Hooray for running!
4 comments:
nice work paul!!
freakin nice Paul. 46 minutes is a really good time.. for me to poop on.
Really tho Paul you're just cooler than me. I've never run that kind of distance at a 7:25 pace.
You rock the socks... er, um Vibrams!
Seriously, you rock and I was completely excited that you met your goal.
My husband is freaking awesome!
Wow! sub seven minutes. I think I have done that in my dreams a time or two. Maybe I need to get me some five fingers to increase my speed? Good job on reaching your goal!
Post a Comment