Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What is the truth about Roger Clemens?

When I was a kid, I really looked up to baseball players. I followed the Atlanta Braves religiously during my early teenage years and I still consider them my favorite club. Unfortunately, my trust in baseball has all but vanished and this has lead me to not follow it as closely anymore. It has really been sad to see so many elite players admit to using performance enhancing drugs.

As I was driving to school this morning, I was listening to the hearing regarding Roger Clemens. He is one of the best pitchers to ever play baseball. I heard his opening testimony and the testimony of his former trainer that is accusing him of cheating. Honestly, I thought both sides gave powerful arguements as to why they weren't lying. This sad thing is, one of them is lying. I would like to believe that Clemens didn't cheat, but I just don't know. I think we have a lot to learn from his situation. This trainer, Brain McNamee was obviously a bad dude. I'm sure Clemens knew that he was a bad guy. Most of these baseball players knew who was cheating and knew who was providing the cheating. So don't associate yourself with them. Aviod the appearance of evil. If Clemens is innocent that was his mistake. I am someone who believes in honesty and working hard to accomplish your goals. So I greatly frown upon these cheaters. Shortcuts may be good in the short run, but in the long run it will take you down.

No comments: