Friday, August 15, 2008

The Cycle

One of the most exciting things we've done so far here in Georgia was go to an Atlanta Braves baseball game. Many people say that baseball is boring, but through my mid-teenage years I watched the Braves play on TBS almost everyday. I kind of stopped following the team just before my mission and I only recognized a few players in the lineup. There were so many Cubs fans there, it was like were at Wrigley Field. The Cubs have a pretty good team and won 11-7.

The Braves did have one player acheive a rare feat. Mark Kotsay hit for "the cycle." For those of you that don't "habla baseballnol" the cycle is when a player hits a single, a double, a triple, and a homerun all in one game. He actually added another single to go a perfect 5 for 5 for the game. He was the first Braves player to accomplish this since 1987. So that was really neat for a sports nut like me to see.

No comments: