Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm thankful for sports

This is among my favorite times of the year-March Madness. I didn't follow college hoops as much this year as I usually do, but there have been some crazy fun times watching some of the conference tournament games and the first few rounds of the NCAA tourney. Utah lost, but I could see it coming, although I thought they would win the first game. The Utes just didn't have a lot of athleticism on that team. They have some, but not enough. They did finally make it back and I think it's just a taste of what's to come in future years.

I also haven't commented on the Jazz for awhile. I was sad to see the long winning streak end and even more sad that even after all that we're still barely in the playoffs. It could go either way. If we win a bunch of games we could end up #2, but if we lose games we could end up #8 or out of it all together. I'm thinking we'll end up #6 or so, but #2 would be nice.

Sports takes my mind off the stresses of life. I'm grateful Eliza likes watching with me. I think she's also grateful that I've got more control over myself when my teams don't do so well. I have more perspective on life after fathering two kids and such, but I still do love sports and I still thirst for my teams to win. Especially the Jazz of course. At heart, I'm still that kid who would yell at Mark Eaton when he fumbled the ball and cry when the Jazz got knocked out of the playoffs. I've just learned to deal with the fact that they most likely won't win. I still for some reason always believe that it's possible though.

No comments: