I'm stealing, but modifying an idea from Sports Sni I know I'm a copycat, but that's what you get. Here are my top Utah Jazz players...I didn't know a lot of the earlier players in Jazz history, I've heard of them but didn't know them, these are my favorites from growing up.
#1 John Stockton-nobody has or will ever assist and steal more than he did. He made the greatest shot in Jazz history and made the greatest pass in finals history.....'nuff said.
#2 Karl Malone- along with John built this franchise.
#3 Jeff Hornacek- I wish Korver was as dependable as Horny, he was a consistent shooter.
#4 Deron Williams- D-Will could move up on this list if he takes more a leadership role, namely by being more physical on defense.
#5 Bryon Russell- he was pretty good when he played with the Jazz, but after he left he didn't do very much. Probably one of the best small forwards we've ever had.
#6 Thurl Bailey- during his first stint with the Jazz he was also a consistent small forward, he was also serviceable when he came back later and played center. Not so much serviceable as a blues singer, but he's ok. He is one of the best LDS basketball players ever.
#7 Memo Okur- "the warewolf" as my wife likes to call him, AKA the "money man," he wasn't so much the "money man" this past season- his dad was sick, and he was injured too much, hopefully he'll stay with the Jazz and be money for us again.
#8 Paul Millsap- he is one of the hardest workers on the court I've ever seen. His offense is under rated-he can definitely score. We'll find out next year if he can be our next superstar power forward.
#9 Andrei Kirilenko- AK is a good player when he's on, his court vision is superb, but his decisions aren't always. You can count on him to make some highlight-reel type plays every few games.
#10 Jeff Malone- I don't know if people remember him so much, but he was a good shooter. He always shot those crazy fade-away shots and a lot of them went in. The Jazz traded him for Hornacek, which was a great deal for us, but he wasn't too shaby.
Nope no Carlos Boozer, sorry this list is for true Jazz players and I don't think Boozer has ever been a Jazzman. Good luck in Detriot or Miami or wherever....you should pay us back the 1/3 of the money you made since you only played 2/3 of the games you were signed for.
2 comments:
what about morris? we want morris, we want morris
I totally forgot about that, weirdo kid.
Post a Comment