Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bye bye Millsap

Sorry Paul we may share the same name, but apparently not the same qualities- namely loyalty. The Jazz are the ones who gave you a chance. Without them, you perhaps wouldn't have even been drafted and maybe wouldn't be in the position you are now. You're still going to be playing back-up behind Aldridge, who is their franchise power forward. You may not even play as much as you did here. I'm sure you would have made big bucks after next year when Boozer was gone. I'm sure if you had just taken mid-level exception money this year, more would have come later. But alas, it appears you have been caught up in the selfishness of the NBA and are putting money in front of loyalty. In some respects I can't blame you, but overall you have also lost my respect. Even if the Jazz somehow match the Blazers offer, you would be screwing up our ability to sign players in the future, so I actually hope they don't match it even though I think you are better than Boozer. I hope the Jazz brass let you leave and trade Boozer for Tyrus Thomas. The end.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Millsap's considering taking the piece of cheese tangling in front of him when he's not looking at the mousetrap (the lower pay out in the end) attached to the cheese. Silly Paul...

vince said...

This really sucks. I really thought Millsap would want to stay. I mean, he moved his whole family out here! The truth is, Millsap could be the starting power forward for half the teams in this league, and I think he isn't going to be content playing behind someone he feels he is better than. I can't say I blame him for that. I just wish he could have waited it out one more year.