Well, I guess they didn't wait as long as I thought they would. I wasn't expecting to hear that they accepted the offer until tomorrow, but I guess Millsap is staying. Yip yip yip yahoo. So now what will happen to Boozer. My wager is that we won't be getting much for him, but I guess it gives the Jazz an opportunity to get a back-up big guy or maybe a draft pick or something. I mean we all expected him to opt out and be gone anyway, so in my opinion whatever we get is gravy. Millsap's contract is actually a little smaller than Boozers, and since he basically equalled his output it's actually a good deal. There are a lot of stipulations to how you can do trades in the NBA, but I guess it looks like it will most likely have to be a 3 way deal in which a team trades two players or a player and a draft pick to the Jazz and then the Jazz pass along the player or the draft pick to the 3rd team. They could do a straight up deal, but unless it involved a draft pick it wouldn't be helping the Jazz get out of the luxury tax, unless a team will pick up Matt Harpring's contract or something if he decides to retire before the trade deadline. There are a lot of different possibilities.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Jazz are going to change much. I am a huge Jazz fan and would love to believe a championship will happen, but I feel like there's a missing link to make that happen. You never know what will happen, but I want to see my Jazz playing in June again.
1 comment:
I'm glad Millsap is staying. He is such a hard worker, and he actually plays with heart (unlike Boozer who never seemed like he cared much).
I expect you're right -- I think we'll have a pretty similar team to last year's. I hope to see Koufos backing up Memo. We'll see what happens.
Post a Comment