Well, I've fallen back in love with baseball. I used to watch the Braves play pretty much everyday during my summer school breaks growing up and now I again have found myself watching and even attending every game I can.
I've even recruit my wife into the fold of baseball. I enjoy telling her about some of the great Braves players of the 90's when they won the division almost every year and went to a few World Series, but only won once.
Right now the Braves have hit a hot streak and are as we speak 3 games out of the wild card slot of the playoffs and nipping at the heels of the Philadelphia Phillies for the division lead. One interesting dynamic of baseball over other pro sports is the willingness to make trades. Part of it is due to the structure of baseball and how they have the minor leagues. Each particular organization owns over 100 baseball players, so struggling teams often unload the marquee players for promising minor league prospects. The Braves have made a bunch of trades this year and I think it has made them a better team. I hope they make the playoffs so I can go to a MLB playoff game that would be tight!
3 comments:
Going to a MLB playoff game would be so super tight, I hope we get the chance!!
oh nice!! your new blog name is good. I like baseball
its cool you get to go to MLB games paul. i'm sending you a box in the mail paul.
Post a Comment