
Tomorrow I will be participating in my first ever Peachtree Road Race! It is one of the largest 10k races in the country. There will be roughly 60,000 participants!
I am not sure if I will be able to set a PR at this one because it may be too crowded and I may have to walk a good bit at the beginning before I can get separation. They stagger the start in groups based off of qualifying time. I did qualify to start in the A group, which lines up just behind the seeded and sub-seeded runners, who start first. So I will at least be up in the first 4,000 or so runners and not have to wait too long to start. It goes all the way to Y group, which doesn't even start until 9:05am(I will be starting at 7:30).
My goal is to set a PR, which for a 10k is currently 46:02, which is a 7 min 25 second per mile average. I set that on a pretty easy course, so it will be a tough task.
I am proud of my heritage as an American and am so happy that I get to do one of my favorite things as I celebrate my freedom and the birth of my country!
2 comments:
Largest 10K in the WORLD. That is awesome. YOU are awesome.
Hope you did monstrous Paul.
Post a Comment