Saturday, March 15, 2008

Get ready for madness!

Well kids, it is approaching my favorite time of the year, March Madness! This year my school schedule is as light as it ever has been or will be for the next four years, so I'm going to try and take advantage of it! I'm sad that the Utes couldn't pull off an underdog run through the MWC tournament, but they do have an outside chance of making the NIT. They probably won't, but who knows....it's madness! Tomorrow night they'll set up the infamous brackets and bracktology will begin! I'm excited I never do well on my picks, but it is still fun.

The NBA regular season is also winding down. The Jazz dropped a tough one tonight to New Jersey, but beat the team with the best record in the league(the Celtics) last night. I'm hoping the Jazz will finish strong. I think they have the possibility of winning eight straight games. They're playing only one tough opponent(the Lakers) in that stretch and only one of those games is on the road (at the T-Wolves). That would be huge if they could pull that off and might be enough to secure homecourt advantage at least for the first round and maybe move them up to a #3 seed. It won't make that much of a difference this year though because whoever they end up playing, even if they miraculously end up a #1 seed, will be a tough team. Pretty much they could end up anywhere even out of the playoffs if they don't continue to win. I hope they have another good run this year because next year I won't be able to watch them as intensely although I will always be "the jazz kid" regardless of where I am.

No comments: