I had some free time today because I couldn't log into my online class for a couple hours, so I went through every single game remaining of all the Western Conference teams battling for a playoff spot and predicted which team would win each game. So here is how I think it is going to end:
(1)Los Angeles 59-23
(2)San Antonio 58-24
(3)New Orleans 57-25
(4)Utah 55-27 *Jazz would have tie breaker over both Houston and Phoenix
(5)Phoenix 55-27 *Suns would have tie breaker over Houston
(6)Houston 55-27
(7)Nuggets 50-32 *Nuggets would have tie breaker over Golden State
(8)Golden State 50-32
Dallas 49-33
I think Dallas is going to choke based on a combination of their dumb trade for Jason Kidd and the injury of the reigning MVP(Dirk Nowitski). This would set up a Jazz vs. Suns match-up, which would be a crazy series. It also sets up a Golden State vs. Los Angeles first round brawl. Vince pointed out that possible match-up as a problem for the Lakers, since they lost 3 of 4 meetings with the Warriors this year and barely won their only triumph in overtime. If Golden State pulled it off again, it could be a rematch with the Warriors for the Jazz. The Jazz would demolish the Warriors again, and most likely meet the Spurs again in the Western Conference Finals. Wouldn't that all be nuts? This could totally be all wrong, but based on my logical analysis of the remaining games, this is a likely scenario in my eyes. I'm just putting all this out there.....
2 comments:
I definitely think you're right about Dallas missing the playoffs. Dirk carries that team, and with him gone, that's a 25+ point hole to fill.
I can't believe how close the West is this season. Your predictions seem pretty logical -- that's how it probably should play out. But then again, I doubt any of us thought the Lakers would lose to Charlotte last night.
It could go a million different ways.
I know I was pleasantly surprised that the Lakers lost. I really hope there are many other upsets to help the Jazz move up.
Post a Comment