Last week, I made my predictions for the playoff picture. After some surprising losses last week, namely by the Lakers (losses to Charlotte and Memphis at home!), I have updated my predictions. New Orleans pulled off some big wins on their current road trip and have only lost to Boston. They beat Orlando, Toronto, and Cleveland. San Antonio has also won 8 in a row, which is bad news for the Jazz because they still have to play them twice.
New Orleans 58-24
San Antonio 58-24
Los Angeles 55-27
Utah 54-28
Phoenix 55-27
Houston 54-28
Denver 51-31
Golden State 50-32
Dallas 49-33
For those of you that see that the Jazz are still in 4th position even though Phoenix has a better record and don't know why? Since the Jazz would be champions of the Northwest Division they are automatically awarded the 4th position even if their record isn't good enough to be there. I don't necessarily think that is a good rule, but at least it favors the Jazz in this case. Actually, the exact same thing happened last year. The Jazz were technically the 4th seed, but Houston had a better record and thus had homecourt.
The Jazz have really shot themselves in the foot by losing to the T-Wolves twice in the past month, and to the Lakers at home. They just played awful in that game. In my new scenario, the Jazz would be playing the Suns minus homecourt advantage. Every game is so costly and I really think some of those games that slipped away will end up hurting the Jazz. It is unfortunate, but if there ever was a time to start playing your best basketball it would be now. If the Jazz won all their remaining games they could end up in the #2 postion. It is unlikely, but still possible.
Also, I guess my wife knows college basketball better than me. She guessed all of the final four participants correctly, but not just that she has correctly guessed 41 spots correct on her bracket. She would have probably done well in an office pool! I guessed 39 correctly, but I had Duke making it to the championship game so I'm toast now. It's madness!
1 comment:
I wish the Jazz could be more consistent. They lose to the worst team in the NBA, and the very next day they win by 42 points. Man, I wish they would play like that every night.
Also, my bracket is all messed up now too. Maybe I should have had Eliza fill out my bracket for my office pool!
Post a Comment