Sunday, December 7, 2008

The "Sugah" Bowl


Now we will really see how good the Utes are this year. This is going to be the biggest game we've ever played against the best team we have ever played. Alabama was ranked #1 for a chunk of the season and were it not for a loss against Florida yesterday, they would be playing in the national championship game. So this will be interesting and the first time we'll play the role of the underdog this year. It will also be interesting to hear what Alabama will say about playing us. I'm sure they think they are just going to pound us and perhaps they will, but we've got some really talented players and a lot of experienced seniors. They feature one of the best defenses in the country and they have a few really talented running backs. Of course their quarterback isn't too shabby either. It will definitely be a tough game for us to win, but anything is possible.

The Sugar Bowl is played at the Superdome in New Orleans, which is actually only an eight hour drive from my house according to Google Map and is actually the closest BCS game to my house. I want to go so bad. I've even checked ticket prices on Stub Hub. I mean when will I ever live this close to a BCS game that Utah is playing in and not have a job that is keeping me tied down? I will be on my semester break, it would be perfect. But alas, I don't think Eliza would be up to it quite yet and it could be quite costly.

1 comment:

Michael A. Cleverly said...

12 and 1 will still be something to be proud of... ;P If Max Hall's evil twin suits up for Alabama then 13-0 might be within reach.

Actually, in all seriousness, I'll be rooting for the Utes--for the good of the conference and all. (Besides, I did get my first credit hour of college credit from the U. Really.)