
I mean if the Jazz aren't going to play Korver, they might as well get something for him. I'm sure there are a bunch of teams that would want him. Maybe some Eastern Conference team trying to make a run in the playoffs. He's not going to re-sign with us anyway unless another team signs Brewer to an outrageous offer sheet that the Jazz don't want to match. Matthews plays better defense, can still hit the three if needed and is a more consistent player than Korver. I know Korver is a fan favorite and he could be an asset if they Jazz make it far in the playoffs, but I say trade him.
3 comments:
I love Wes Matthews -- I can't believe everybody passed on that kid! I love that Sloan is giving him significant minutes, and he is really making the most of them. He has been a huge part of the Jazz's recent success, and I hope we keep him around for a long time.
The way we're playing right now, I'd be afraid to trade anybody. But if I had to pick someone to unload, it'd be CJ. Even though he's a better ball handler than Korver, and maybe a little bit better defender (though not by much), I still think Korver is someone we want on our team. Especially when close playoff games come down to free-throws.
I would rather trade away CJ as well, but he is still under contract for a few more seasons, whereas Korver is gone after this year. If Brewer does leave to another team I think the Jazz should keep Korver. I just can't see him wanting to stay if he knows he will maybe play 6 to 10 minutes a game instead of starting or playing every game for another team. I would rather see him play over CJ, but for some reason Sloan doesn't feel that way.
I guess you never know if someone will get injured so if the Jazz don't care about paying the lux tax I guess keeping Korver isn't a bad idea unless we can get a decent player in exchange, which would probably not be very likely. Trading Boozer is also still a possibility, but I doubt the Jazz could get anything worth it for him. As long as the Jazz keep winning I guess it doesn't matter.
You know, its weird because i have been wondering those same things about Korver the past couple weeks. He is just not really getting minutes, but CJ is. One of my biggest complaints about CJ is his shot selection. It drives me nuts when he gets in his shoot it from anywhere as soon as he gets the ball mode.
But yeah, as long as the Jazz can just keep doing what they are doing. And what about Paul Milsap the last couple games? I've been very very impressed by that guy, he's been playin with some fire in him.
Post a Comment