First, I apologize for my remarks about Austin Collie not finishing his mission. He did indeed finish and I guess I shouldn't believe everything I hear about. I took that off my blog and wish him luck in the Super Bowl this weekend. I will not make a mistake like that again.
But if you're going to rip my blog posts, make sure you know who you're talking to. I don't often bash BYU or other teams I don't like. Look at my history, it's pretty tame and I rarely talk about even Utah except to wish them luck or say how awesome they are. I do focus on my teams! I mostly talk about the Utah Jazz, they are my passion, with the U of U and Atlanta Braves close 2nd and 3rd. I sincerely believe in letting your play speak for itself and I try not to get involved in arguments too much. I really regret what I said and that it offended even one person. I'm a lover not a fighter. Both sides have valid arguments at why the other team is out of line or classless or dumb or whatever. I will say that not all Utah fans, players, etc are classless nor are all BYU people. Isn't this all for fun anyway?
However, I do want to clarify a few things that were questioned or jabbed at.
Robert Johnson and Stevenson Sylvester(2 stars is bad by the way) as well as Koa Misi have a good shot at making the NFL. And even though they lost to BYU 3 out of 4, they did beat Alabama in a BCS bowl.
That whole comment about Marshall being out of line and dumb was true. He shouldn't have slapped Emery, but if a light slap like that would send him to the floor my little three year old could do a lot of damage to him.
One last thing, be careful trying to jab at me with statistics. "BYU has won 3 of the last 4." Well Utah has won 5 of the last 8. I could also bring up the overall head-to-head match up totals: Utah= 53 wins BYU=34 wins. BYU dominated in the 70's and 80's, but really since the 90's it has been pretty even. I believe it has been 10 wins for each in the past 20 meetings. BYU's dominance over Utah is no more. I think that's why BYU fans are probably so irritated over Utah fans. They had the better team for so long, but now Utah has had some success and y'all can't take it.
Anyway, that's enough about that.
The Jazz have a huge game tonight. I watched the Denver game last night and they really took it to the Lakers in the 2nd half without Carmelo Anthony. Hopefully the Jazz will use energy to their advantage as the Nuggets played a hard fought game last night and will hopefully be a little tired. If I wasn't stuck way out in Georgia I'd be going to this game! Sports Sni better be in attendance to this one!
1 comment:
We really really wanted to go to this game, but couldn't. Had to watch the game on the computer, wish i had FSN. Go Jazz, keep on truckin
Post a Comment