After watching game 2, I'm convinced that the Jazz aren't just going to give up. I'm hoping my prediction of Lakers in 5 won't come true, so here's what I think the Jazz need to do to win game 3 and beyond.
They need to run, run, run. Get the ball up the court as soon as possible after a make or a miss. If the cocky Lakers think Bynum can dominate the boards by playing on one leg, we need to make him run on it. I don't know why the Jazz don't run more often against the Lakers. When Williams does he usually makes a good play. I've noticed when Price comes into the game, that's exactly what he does. In fact he pretty much always plays that way, but for some reason it really works against the Lakers. I don't know if he's just injured or what but Williams probably had his worst game of the playoffs in game 2, he just didn't seem to have the spark. Hopefully in game 3 that will change. We usually run more at home anyway, so they should do this.
Put the Lakers on the ground. Since the refs call a foul if the Jazz touch the precious Lakers, we might as well get our money's worth. Put them on the ground I say, especially Kobe.
Play relentlessly. Just continue to not give up. Even though they lost the first two games, they weren't blown out. A few lucky bounces our way and the Jazz could have won either game even though everyone and their dog says that the Jazz are getting dominated every game. I'm so sick of listening to the national announcers say "how are the Jazz only down by...they are getting dominated." I'm also sick of watching the Jazz lose to the Lakers. It is getting kind of old.
2 comments:
You're right Paul, its not over yet, not by a long shot. First, look at Oklahoma city. They were one box out from a game 7 against the Lakers. I'm also sick of media acting like the Jazz are getting dominated in this series. Fact is, they're not. Both games have been very close to the last couple of minutes.
The Jazz are getting dominated in rebounds, and blocks. These things are not the whole game tho, the Jazz are obviously beating the Lakers in other areas or the games wouldn't be so close.
I don't care if your team beats us 100 rebounds to 40, if my team ends up with more points at the end of the game we did more dominating overall than you. There are so many different factors in a game that contribute to the score.
Sorry bout the long comment Paul, i'm just so bugged the disrespect of the Jazz.
Lakers have only won the two games they were supposed to win at home. They have not dominated the Jazz, far from it. The series is not over yet. The Jazz have to bring it for sure, but its not over.
amen to you paul, and to geoff!!
go jazz!!
Post a Comment