Well kids, I didn't win the championship round. A 2nd place finish is a good start though. This was the first year I've done fantasy sports online. My family growing up had our own fantasy baseball league for awhile that was based only on RBI's and we would just check the box scores in the newspaper each day. Doing it online saves time that way, but the leagues are more complicated.
It has been pretty fun. It has definitely made me more interested in what is going on in all of the leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB). The main reason I lost in the public league was that there was no limit to how many adds and drops you could do, I didn't realize this until it was too late. The guy I played would add and drop almost their entire team everyday to make sure they had people who were playing that day. I think that's kind of cheap, but it worked for them and they beat me, although not by much. I know how to play next time. Also, since it was so close to the playoffs a lot of the teams were resting their best players because their positions were already locked in, so that hurt me a little too.
I am now in two fantasy baseball leagues. I tried to set up my own, but had very little interest from people I know, so it didn't work out, but that's cool. I don't know very much about MLB, but I'm starting to get back into it. I used to watch baseball all the time when I was a teenager because I had nothing but time on my hands in the summer back then. We've been following the Atlanta Braves and are excited to go a few games this summer. So yeah.
3 comments:
Was this the league that the Silver Challis played? If so, 2nd place seems appropriate.
...I wanna join a league with you still...
I guess I should change it to gold challis?
sweet action paul. some leagues that you play in will have a limit on number of adds you can do each week. i like that better, then you don't just get people dropping and adding a whole team each day. i'll play in whatever league you want paul. i'm a fantasy sports dude
Post a Comment