I haven't posted any Jazz talk for a long time because I have been greatly disappointed in them. They are extreme underachievers with two exceptions (Deron Williams & Paul Millsap). The thing that makes me so frustrated is the wasted talent of Carlos Boozer and Andrei Kirilenko. No heart and no will to win in either of those two players. Do they make good plays-yes. Do they care about winning-it doesn't appear that way. They say that they do, but to me it seems like a lie. All Boozer says is that "he believes in his teammates," but he doesn't seem to care enough to play with intensity. Boozer is in it for money and I hope he does opt out because we don't need him on our team. Let him go and get injured with another team and suck away their money.
Who knows what AK is doing or thinking. A few years ago he wanted to just go home and play in Russia. It's too bad there's still two years on his contract because nobody wants his huge contract for a trade and the Jazz don't want to just buyout his contract. AK does not play with passion. Do you ever see him excited or extremely angry? He'll complain about calls, but I don't see any fire in him at all. Just think how good he would be if he really, really tried. Holy smokes!
If either and especially if both players somehow decided that they really wanted to win, the Jazz would beat the Lakers, but as such unless there is a drastic change it seems like they'll fall short again.
My keys to the Jazz winning are: #1 play Deron Williams as much as possible. Maybe take him out with a minute left in the first and third quarters and use the break to rest him, but then put him right back in. #2 Play with passion. Like I said, if the all the Jazz players would play with passion and fire they could beat those cocky jerks that are the Lakers. #3 Put the Lakers on the floor. I don't care if that results in a few free throws, knock them down a little bit. Make them think twice about going up for a dunk, play tough. People always called Stockton and Malone dirty because they would do that, but the truth of it is, when people complain like that it means that it works. #4 Pretend that you're losing by twenty points. It seems like when the Jazz have fallen so far behind they tighten up their defense more and execute better on offense. If they played with urgency all the time they would beat the Lakers. #5 Hope that the Lakers will cool off. Everything they are throwing up is going in. You'd think the law of averages would catch up with them sometime.
I hope that tomorrow night the Jazz will win. I know my overall attitude lately has been negative, but it's because I know how good the Jazz can be. If they could just play like they should they would be the best team and I would indeed see my Jazz playing in June.
2 comments:
true, true
go jazz
Post a Comment